Public Comment Period Guidelines
Town Council Public Comment Period Guidelines
To ensure that public comment periods are efficient and productive, the Pendleton Town Council will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Only those who have signed the sign-up sheet, prior to the commencement of the meeting, will be permitted to speak. Individuals must provide their name, address, and topic of discussion.
- Individuals will be called on in the order they signed in.
- Individuals must come to the podium and state their name and address for the record.
- Remarks shall be limited to no longer than five minutes per person.
- The Clerk-Treasurer will keep time. At the end of your five minutes you will be asked to return to your seat.
- No individual can forfeit their 5 minutes to someone else.
- Comments will be directed to the Town Council and NOT to town employees, town staff, town attorney, or the audience.
- Individuals may submit handout materials to the Town Council President during the meeting. The Town Council President will distribute copies to Council members and appropriate staff for review.
- Individuals being disruptive will be asked to leave immediately or be escorted out.
- The Town Council President may adjourn the meeting at any point due to disruptive outbursts.